Volunteers are a vital part of the DogPlay team. Our weekday volunteers visit from 5pm-7pm and help with our busiest, most demanding part of the day: check outs. Our weekend volunteers assist with walks, bathroom breaks, and indoor activities.
Volunteers will learn a variety of skills direct from DogPlay handlers including:
- Managing groups of dogs and maintaining a level of calm
- Redirecting problem behaviors with positive reinforcement
- Tips and tricks on how to properly walk dogs without pulling
- Patience and problem solving
- Understanding various harnesses / training collars
Volunteers will be responsible for:
- Taking dogs for bathroom breaks
- Assisting with various cleaning duties and tear down of the facility
- Walking dogs (weekend shifts only)
- Attending all assigned shifts on time and ready to work
If you are interested in volunteering with DogPlay, get in touch below.